View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 05:57 PM   #12
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingRobert View Post
We hope to escape a winter and RV down to Florida from up here in cold Toronto. Five months is indeed a long camping trip The thought of full timing for me is a crazy one...you'll want a nice/large RV for sure. I'd love to hear how its going from time to time. Curious about where you're staying/the cost...have you a spot booked or are you planning on different sites... maybe some boon docking maybe some Walmart? Five months in Florida sounds really warm, nice, and expensive mind you, close to the ocean/beach camping would be great!
Good luck and keep us posted
Robert, seems to me you are making a trip like this bigger than it is. We always book our places in advance; land in Nov., book the prior April or May for our normal site, 3 months in advance for others...depending on where you are going. Expense varies from 350 mo. to 2000; you have to look around and find your place to see what they have that you are interested in. We have no desire whatsoever to be sitting at the waters edge on the Gulf in a little confined RV park so we can pay double - none.

We don't do Walmart and always have a confirmed site - doesn't add a lot of expense but adds a ton of certainty and ability to plan. We do this all the time and think it's pretty easy; don't let what appears to be complicated slow you down - it's not. I spent months and months in a 24-25' travel trailer with no slides years ago and it was "OK" so you can do it. A much longer trailer with 3 slides makes it enjoyable.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote