View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 08:34 AM   #21
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I'd simply answer your question by saying that I've seen far too many brake shoes impregnated with grease from failed rear seals and don't want that to happen on my trailer. I do my own maintenance, but if I were to take my trailer to a commercial repair service, I would specifically instruct the service writer to "hand pack my bearings and replace the seals" I'd further instruct him/her that I DO NOT want the EZ Lube system used on my trailer....

So, if I find that someone "uses the EZ Lube system" on my vehicle, they'd be "fired on the spot" .... Some things, whether they "are in the book" or not, I simply don't/won't do.

I'd do the same at the Ford Service Department if I took my truck in to have the radiator flushed and when I picked it up, the service writer told me that it didn't need flushing, they just added a quart of "coolant revitalizer".... When I pay someone to do a job, I expect them to do what I ask them to do, not to take shortcuts, even if "the book" says the shortcut is OK.

Hard headed? Burned by experience? or call it what you want. My money, do it my way or don't do it...... YMMV
I totally agree! If a service tech used the EZ lube to grease my bearings when I took it in to be repacked they would, at their expense, tear them back down & prove to me that they DID NOT blow past the seals & contaminate the brakes.
They can torque the nut, use pliers or whatever tool they choose, but they WILL NOT use the EZ lube system on mine for any reason.
If I had a boat trailer or utility trailer with EZ lube system & no brakes they can pump grease into them all day long, but not my rv.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote