View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 08:11 AM   #6
Msmith2054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Croll View Post
Good afternoon. I have a soft spot in the floor of my 2011 Laredo 300RB. It is right above my grey tank and has been getting worse little by little. The spot is not much bigger than 2'x2' and everything else around it is very solid. When driving this spot in the floor is covered by my super slide. It is right next to my front living space heating floor vent. I initially thought it was just shoddy construction right around the vent but it seems to have gotten worse. My kitchen sink is w/in 3' of this leak but I assumed that it just dropped right into grey holding tank. Any help would be lovely. I am not shy about pulling up flooring or dropping the bottom either, I am just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem with their unit. Thanks again.
I have a 2013 Laredo 291tg with what appears to be the same problem. My soft spot is right next to the floor heat register, but I am detecting a few other spots that also seem to be giving way. I usually walk around barefoot in the tt and am 270 lbs, heavy on the heel. Just recently I can hear a distinctive cracking sound like splintering wood right by the register.
I am planning on pulling the flooring up and seeing what the problem is this winter. Any thing you find will probably be similar to what I will find, so please share. I will do likewise. Anybody else can chime in also, especially about what I should find after I remove the vinyl floor? How is the subfloor installed over the frame? What method is used to attach it?
Msmith2054 is offline   Reply With Quote