Thread: RV Theft
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 08:29 PM   #36
ljp

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmw View Post
Fortunately, I have not been a victim of RV theft but it looks like this is becoming more and more common. I am curious as to what seems to be the main driving factor in these thefts? I know the end goal is money, but where are the majority of the stolen units going? I haven't heard of a many recovery's Are they being resold with fake titles, stripped for parts, used to make drugs in?
Please post if you have gotten a recovery or theft story where the thieves were caught? Just curious. Thanks
You can likely guess as many factors for these thefts as I can and the end goal may not always be money. Our TT was stolen (out of our back yard) & recovered a short number of miles from our home in a dead-end street near RR tracks. The trailer was trashed and appears to have been a temporary place to live. Based on materials in the trailer when recovered it was, IMO, very likely being used to manufacture drugs.

You can read the long story and comments regarding our TT theft by clicking "Search" on this site and enter "Stolen 195RB." The incident occurred during May 2017.

On the replacement trailer we purchased, we keep a Proven Industries trailer coupler lock attached when stored.
ljp is offline   Reply With Quote