Thread: Cold up there??
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 01:08 PM   #1
gearhead

Cold up there??

This morning here in the Houston area was bit cool. Thought we may have had a frost but didn't see any. Turned out a very nice day with lots of sun, maybe 65F. Shorts and T shirt weather. I was reading the thread about how cold it was in Michigan and whether or not you should leave your car out.
I almost have the Bigfoot packed for The Chili Bowl in Tulsa. (midget races indoors). Took a break from that and worked in my raised bed garden. Thinking what I'll plant later. Slipped my snake boots on and did a little project I've been meaning to do a long time...put a length of PVC pipe in the ground on the river side of the levee and marked it off in 1 ft, increments. Now I'll know how much "freeboard" I'll have before I'm flooded. Pittled around a bit more and decided I'd pick a satsuma and eat that while wandering along the back fence. So I'm walking along the fence staring at the sky, throwing satsuma rind over the fence. Something seemed a bit off. I look through the chain link fence and there lying in the sun is a 4 foot long GATOR. Hmmm....I guess the fence will keep him off me. He figured something was wrong about when I did and flew off the levee into the river. I'm thinking glad I don't have a dog or the gator might find a way under the fence. You think I ought to warn the neighbor...you know the ones that have the dogs that bark ALL the time?
Naaa
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote