View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 10:03 AM   #1
wiredgeorge

death of the home group?

OK, need some help. I am not great on computer stuff... just enough to get by. In a past life, I was a UNIX and storage admin but Windows stuff not so much. In any case, I have two Lenovo desktops. One is in my home office and the other is in my shop office. AT&T gateway serves as a router and I have a range extender in my home office and an external antenna on the side of the shop (usb connect direct to desk top machine). Both machines are identical and running Win 10 Pro. This latest iteration of Windows dropped the "home group". I have shared all files on both computer and tried all online suggestions for how to get them to see each other and share files. I can't gain access in either direction except for the music library on each of the two computers.

I can "see" the home office workstation from where I am in the office and vise versa. Anyone have tips on how I can share files. I will not put my files in the cloud as I don't really trust the security of my files when they are out there in cyber space. Any help would be appreciated.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote