Thread: Axle rating
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 12:23 PM   #52
KHBama

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRV2 View Post
It feels so comfortable and it tows great, even better than the previous tow behind. Which is when I added bags. The bags sure do help with the ride I understand they don't do anything for weight. Its really the numbers that are concerning to me and I didn't understand any of this weight rating stuff. I'm really close to overloading even on a three day weekend. However I'm learning and appreciate this forum.
WELCOME TO THE CLUB!! I have a similar 5er, Laredo 285SBH. My combo weighs in right at 9600lbs for the truck(loaded with gear and family), 16,700lbs combined. My Ram 2500 has a payload of 2260lbs, I'm over payload but well under axle and Combined ratings. It 100% tows better than my 6,000lb Travel trailer did. I installed airbags in my just for peace and mind, have very little squat on the back before the air bags. I would pay close attention to your tire and axle ratings unless you plan on going up to a 3500/350 anytime soon. I will do that in a few years but until then, I'll pay close attention to the same
KHBama is offline   Reply With Quote