View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 01:06 PM   #5
Fox1sram

Just completed installation of 2 MaxxFans, one in bathroom with 12vdc present and one in bedroom no vdc present. My rig is a 2019 Cougar 26 RKS so the bedroom is in the rear and bathroom just outside of bedroom door. The distance between the two fans is approximately 8 feet. I chose to run the bath 12 vdc into the bedroom following the AC duct that is present in both rooms and appeared to be a straight shot. I removed the AC duct covers to expose the foil duct tubing and ran a fish tape alond the duct work. I then tied into the bath DC line and the other end connected to new MaxxFan. Two things to keep in mind 1) the steadt current draw is about 4 to 4.5 amps 2) startup drawn is around 9 amps. In researching the installation, Inread somewhere that tapping into light fixtures, particular LED, can cause problems with the fan. I think you can check with MaxxAir customer support on that one. Bottom line, or the ugly truth, depending on your outlook is that all trailers are wired on the fly and as such, you won't find any diagrams to assist you. Look into areas like AC ducts, or other system connection before removing pannels. Hope you find this of some help.
Fox1sram is offline   Reply With Quote