View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 08:49 AM   #16
JimSchwenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Admitting the use of Trailer King tires is a bold move! Hopefully we can get another lively tire discussion cooking!
Well, mine have sat for two years since the day I bought the TT and parked it at the campground. I won't go into all the numbers here, Keystone 26RB with D rated Trailer Kings. I just raised them to the recommended 65 psi (they sat at 55 since new) and tomorrow morning will hook and pull it 150 miles to Bald Eagle State Park. Coming back Monday, and then leaving Tuesday for Ocean City MD.
If I survive those two trips, I'll be pulling the tires and replacing with reputable E loads next spring, in preparation for many more trips. We've had three TT's with these kind of tires and made numerous but short-distance runs without an issue, but I figure I'm running on borrowed time...
Honestly, before I joined this forum I never would have thought twice about tire quality or lack thereof. Or TPMS's. Or electrical monitoring gadgets. But since I'm keeping this unit for a long time, I might as well add some quality bells and whistles to protect my investment.
You heavy-mile guys serve a good purpose for us weekend warriors who just hook up and go without thinking about the details other than is it aired up and hooked properly. I pulled doubles for a long time and this camper stuff is just as detailed as in the big truck world.
JimSchwenk is offline   Reply With Quote