Thread: The KOA Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
cumminsdad08

KOA in jonestown pa-(4) can't remeber the exact name, but it was nice, just off of interstate I78, and right on St. Rt. 22, new owners in the last few years, lots seemed level, doggie area was in an akward place, in a corner that would be a hike for most sites, store was small and fairly empty, playground was ok, kinda small. not very impressed with the pool, seemed small but it was early spring so it was closed, oh and the ice cream was very expensive, but good. cable didn't work(new system), BUT there is great reception for antene, and didn't use the WiFi.

KOA in pinegrove, PA (3.75 ) (Twin groves)- it is few miles off of Inerstate 81 (pinegrove exit 100), right on St. Rt. 443, and very close to the appalacian(SP) trail. been there as a visitor in the past, and it seemed nice, with lots of "attractions". kinda pricey (UPDATE) stayed here over labor day weekend. site's are average size. just planted new grass so there is a lot of netting holding down the straw that the kids, and wife's, keep triping over. they also planted trees between the sites, which not being a problem now, seems like in 10-15 years it will make it tricky to navigate your trailer in (backin sites). this is defenetly(?) a "high roller" "resort" if you know what i mean. everyone seems really really nice, guests and owners. they have a small "amusment park" with some blow up rides a ferris wheel and a small train ride. they have a small arcade and an AWSOME ICE CREAM SHOP. i would have given it a 4 but the location sucks. a bunch of storms really sneek up on you, its tucked between two mountains and you don't see the storms coming. and there is a few other things that made me a little grumpy, BUT, i will be returning here for holloween weekend with my inlaws. they have TON'S of cabins which makes it nice for the family members that don't have the time to camp as much as we do. WIFI worked everytime, and cable had about 27 channels with all the hot stations.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)