Thread: Darco/Slides
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 03:56 AM   #35
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulphur1 View Post
Hi Sourdough
My earlier response was not meant to be a rant rather more to inform prospective buyers that the same frame problems still exist and now new issues like Darco are appearing. I wish I had found this forum prior to buying the Cougar. I did try to find out & thought the main one ( frame) was not occurring after 2010. Unfortunately not the case for many who have spent big $ having it fixed. It's strange that rollers are only used on the bedroom slide.
I haven't used any slippery spray as I think it could cause the screws holding the UMHW strips to work free. Need to keep a watch out for this as will rip into the wear bar.
I appreciate your persistent efforts to bring the Darco problem to Keystone management. Time will tell!
Cheers
Ok, I am confused. You mention wear bars and UHMW as if they are two DIFFERENT things. My wear bars ARE UHMW and there are NO screws through the UHMW. My Montana was built Aug/Sep 2017 and is called a 2018 model. We took delivery of it in late Sep 2017 and have lived in it ever since.
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote