View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #4
rwmurphy15

Travel Assist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I have Good Sam Travel Assist but don't know if it works because I've not had to use it. I do have Good Sam Roadside Assistance and it's worked well for me. As far as "Camping World issues" affecting the Travel Assist offering, I'm not sure what that means.

I just googled some negative reviews of the program and the ones I read were from people that didn't read the parameters of the plan and just wanted some "money back" - that's not how they work. Just as any other plan or policy you need to know what you are buying, what it covers, what it excludes and how it works. One complained that they ran up a 71k travel bill without including Travel Assist then complained because they didn't pay because they didn't follow the rules of the plan - operator error, not Good Sam.

As for me, I have every plan Good Sam offers as far as I know along with everything Geico offers etc. etc. Additionally I carry a policy with AeroMedCare to cover any air transportation if the need arises that my medical insurance won't cover. Probably (hopefully) don't need it or ever will, but when you do I would prefer not to pull that 71k out of my pocket (Blue Cross covered the example above if I'm not mistaken).
Thanks for your reply Sourdough, I just was not sure if I wanted to renew the policy. But reading your comments I think it might be a good idea to.with my wife’s medical issues it might make sense to. I’m also going to check into the AeroMedCare also.
rwmurphy15 is offline   Reply With Quote