View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 04:50 PM   #28
Bowlesj

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlebeetle View Post
Just following up on this thread and my experience.

After having the dealership complete the "fix" of drilling extra drain holes and plugging the holes where water leaks through the into the interior, the leaking through the intake vents (only when AC running while raining, no leaking while raining with AC off) was improved but still significant. After applying tape around the connection to the pan and lid, like in the pictures, the problem has gone away and I have had not more leakage through many storms over the past months with the AC running.

So, my logic leaves me to believe that there are 2 problems present: First, the bolt holes let water that has entered the pan front compartment run into the intake vents and enter the interior of the camper. Second, the suction created by the AC pulls standing water in the compartment up into the intake vents which then enters the camper. Plugging the holes takes are of problem one but not problem 2. Taping the lid/pan area takes care of problem 2. Both seems necessary for a complete fix. Just plugging the bolt holes did not solve the problem for me. Maybe it would solve the problem for new campers with lids that fit well, but once they get a little older and the lids become ill-fitting they may develop leaking problems again without the taping solution.

Thanks BowlesJ!

Since it sounds like a dealer, not yourself, did the repair, I'd have to see pics to believe they correctly sealed the exit of the rivnut in the upper fwd corner of the return duct. Unless you confirm you saw the final repair for yourself.

Regardless, I'm very pleased that you have things resolved to your "dry" satisfaction.

Happy camping.

John - 3820FK
Bowlesj is offline   Reply With Quote