Thread: The KOA Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #66
suza

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakingsella View Post
We have stayed at the KOA in Astoria (Warrenton) several times and I'd agree it is the best one we've stayed in. I'd give it a 5!

On our last trip we stayed in KOA parks in Waldport, OR and Bandon, OR. We stayed a week in each of the two parks.

I'd only give the park in Bandon a 4, because it is limited in some of the facilities that are available in Astoria, but it has level, roomy sites and easy access. It is a small park but is very woodsy. The owner seems to be the jack-of-all-trades. He works behind the counter and handles the care and maintenance. We were there after the vacation season (September) so he might have some additional help during the busy season. He is very friendly and does of good job of keeping the park in good condition. We are planning another trip to Bandon next year. We enjoyed the KOA and there are a lot of activities in the area. Bandon is one of the most fun towns on the Oregon Coast!

I'd give the park at Waldport a 3+. It is smaller than Astoria but larger than Bandon, with limited services, spaces are smaller and not as roomy, you are closer to your neighbors. The staff is friendly and they do have a store and playground facilities if you are traveling with kids. I may be more harsh on the Waldport KOA because we found there was not nearly as much to do in the area than we had expected. The town of Waldport isn't much of a tourist town and you have to drive some distance to get to the activities we enjoy. We would defiantly stay there for an overnight if passing through but would not plan an extend stay.

One final note, the Astoria KOA is a little pricey, at $50+ in the summer but offers a 25% discount to active duty and retired military which makes it more affordable if you are eligible for the discount.
Dave: Glad you enjoyed Bandon. We live just 30 miles inland. I love going to Bandon, but my husband hates the wind Lots of beauty on the Southern Oregon Coast, IMO

Sorry for monopolizing this thread
Bridge, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cougar 279RKS
2013 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke 4WD LB CC

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78607eca.jpg