View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 05:38 PM   #1
Rhinoone82

Rear Stabilizer seems to move Impact 311

Tried searching but couldn't find anything on this. Today while loading up my 2015 Impact 311 I noticed that when I went into the garage area the rear stabilizers seemed to make noise. Almost as though they were just touching the ground, and there was a lot of side to side movement. Thinking that maybe the ground had settled, the camper has been sitting in one spot for 2 weeks, I went out and tried to move the pads under the base of the stabilizers. The stabilizers were solid against the pads. I shook the trailer at the rear and it seemed like the stabilizers moved in the frame of the stabilizer unit.

These are the Lippert electric stabilizers. It seems as though there is an outside frame that runs the width of the I beam. Then an inner frame that as the stabilizers that are attached to a long threaded rod which is attached to the motor.

When I climbed underneath and looked at it, the inner frame seemed to move around quite a bit. The motor, threaded rod and such. This seemed to be where most of the movement and sound was coming from.

Is this normal? Should that inner part be secure to the outer. Seems that it should but this is the first trailer that I have had that has had this type of stabilizer. My TT had scissor jacks.

Any help would be appreciated.