View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatflyer View Post
The shower diverter in my Vantage 32FLS suddenly stopped working. If I hold the diverter pin up I can get about 60% flow to the shower head but if I let go the shower just trickles. The unit seems to be a Phoenix two handle bath faucet with diverter and I have ordered a replacement. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and what causes it.
There is a slide plug (usually rubber coated plastic) that slides up to stop faucet flow and divert the water to the showerhead. In your case, you probably have either a broken or a misaligned diverter slide. If there's water flowing out of the faucet and only part is going to the shower, you may be able to reach a finger (or needle nose pliers) into the faucet end and realign it. There are two small channels (grooves) that the diverter slides in. My guess is that one side or possibly both slipped out of the groove and it won't seat well enough to divert all the water.

As a temporary "stopgap" to take showers, you can place something in the faucet end to stop the flowing water, that way all of the pressure will be diverted to the showerhead. If you only use the shower and not the tub, you can take vinyl electrical tape and wrap several layers around the faucet to force all the water up to the shower.

Looks like heck, but at least you get a shower temporarily until the new faucet arrives.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote