View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 03:11 PM   #16
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan X View Post
I may catch a lot of grief for this but I’m going to post it anyway. I have towed for years with the equalizer 4 point sway control and I have greased the L brackets the entire time. This included when I was towing with an F150, in the mountains, freeways, wind, etc. I never experienced any negative effect from greasing the L brackets, the trailer always felt like it was in lock step with my truck. I’m no physics expert, and I realize grease is the opposite of friction, but I feel like the downward force on the spring bars at the L brackets provides the sway control and the grease just quieted everything down. Again, there is an extreme amount of downward pressure on those bars and that is what provides the control. Metal on metal friction is usually not good.

Now, since this thread I have re read the manual and discovered that greasing the L brackets is not recommended so I am going to try towing without the grease. But, I feel like if it was a show stopper, however, the manual would say absolutely not to do it instead of not recommended.

And the manual does say to grease the friction points at the head of the hitch.

Logan, get the little L bracket covers and it accomplishes the same as the grease without the mess. Here's a link from Amazon although I may have gotten mine from etrailer - don't remember.

https://www.amazon.com/Equal-i-zer-9...s%2C159&sr=8-1
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote