View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 07:26 PM   #24
gearhead

LaCompte or Lacount, that always messed me up. Kinfolks would say Lacount and I would try to find it on the map. Kinda like fishing for "trout" in Spring Creek. Bass.

I'll have to remember Robbie G's. Crocs, shorts, and t shirt. My kinda joint.

Back when I was maybe 10 yrs old me and Mom were going to visit LA folks. Mom took uncle Floyd along because he wanted to go somewhere, maybe Alec. So we stop in a small town bus station, probably Kinder or Oberlin, and uncle Floyd sends me in to find out when the bus comes through to Alec. I asked, but dang I couldn't understand a word they said. I came back to the car. Well when is it? I don't know. They didn't tell you? I don't know, they said something but I don't know what. Wish my Dad would have taught me the little bit of French he knew.

Lea's... we somehow stumbled in there a couple years ago. Sunday lunch. The "after church" crowd. Not bad, limited Sunday menu. I would go back.

Most of my folks are gone from there. To Lake Charles, Port Arthur, or Houston. Not much opportunity in central LA. Like my Dad said...nobody came to Houston for the weather or the scenery. They came for jobs. You could always find a job in Houston. Still holds.

But I sure enjoy studying the people and history of Southwest LA.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote