View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 06:01 PM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-O-B'03 View Post
The current record holder is a 124 pound woman that ate 3 of them, in 20 minutes flat

To qualify for free, you must eat the 4.5 pound roast, a baked potato, salad, roll and shrimp cocktail.

woman breaks big texan 72 oz steak record

I am pretty sure I could not eat one of them, in several hours.

-Brian
We were in the middle of a company merger. There were several new folks coming in from all over the country. We landed late in Amarillo on a Lear jet. The folks were hungry and the Texan was suggested (me). A fellow from back East decided he wanted to go for it. After the clog dancing etc. he alone was taken to a table under the spotlights with an announcer giving the bite by bite. He had ordered this monster steak WELL DONE. We watched for what seemed like hours in the corner (with cold ones) as the pit master kept cooking.....and cooking this huge piece of meat. It finally came out, folks lined up in front of the table, the announcer announced, the people cheered him on.......he ate for the hour and consumed maybe 1/4 of the steak. Sad....really sad. I took him aside and told him I was proud of him but.....this ain't sushi country!!!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote