View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #17
Pull Toy

Just to play "Devil's advocate" here.....

1. The vents are relatively hot because that's why it's called heat!
You want heat? It has to come from somewhere.

2. There are ways to keep kid's and pets away from heat, and other hazards.
Put a TV tray or apple crate or similar obstruction, even a play-pen, over the grate. It won't catch fire, trust me... but it will let warm air out, but no direct access to the metal. Use a space heater (on the counter) or a heat pump / fireplace instead of the furnace with floor grates.

I hate to sound like a smart a** here, and those who have known me here, I hope know better, but..., I've had two daughters, and six grandkids (three of each, the youngest of which is now five,) who all knew what HOT!!! meant. Be it steam radiators, baseboard hot water, oven, fireplace, campfire, and they all survived with no scars. Until they were old enough to comprehend, it was my job to keep them safe.

For you to attack a member of this forum, who's response was well intentioned, after only a "FEW" posts on your part, is not wise. If you want to profit from the collective wealth of our myriad of members with tons of practical parenting and / or camping experience. There's a lot to be shared here!

We're here to help... but loose the attitude. You're not the first new parent to have a new camper!

By the way...

Welcome from a cranky old Grandpa!

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote