View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 03:29 AM   #21
DucBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmedic4 View Post
First, I have to say we have a short fifthwheel, 31' total, but we've also had a 31' TT. Towing, no question, fiver is better. I hated towing the TT, even with WDH and Anti-sway bars. Part of it, of course was our choice of tow vehicle, but I think this is a common issue with many people who want a TT, they just want to use the family suburban/van/half-ton truck, and call it good. Also when we did purchase the TT, we didn't have all the excellent information that make up this and the many other RV forums. Newbie mistake, I admit it.

Lost TV bed space. Yep, but with current puck mount systems, you can remove it, even though it is exceptionally heavy. Do wonder about the Anderson aluminum hitch system? Taking stuff with, with no truck bed space? Yeah, but we've adapted. However, the fiver has a lot more storage, and I'm finding I'm not taking stuff in and out of the truck bed when going on a trip.

Out stairs aren't bad, much better than many motorhomes, and most fivers, and about the same as a TT with larger or many slides. But that's just our fiver.

The real space we notice most in our fiver is the bathroom, it is much better than many TT. I'm certain there are some TT models that are as nice, but that's our big benefit. My DW and I like this the most.

The only thing we'd like in a better fiver is one with dual opposing rear slides. The space is great, but even many TT have this, but then again it pushes up the weight and you're back to a bigger vehicle and that cost factor many people point out (because fivers take a bigger TV), is just accepting the wrong TV for one of the bigger TT.

But I can see a place for TT, just I like my fiver.
Hodgy fyi as far as dealing with a 200#fw hitch in your TV bed a goosebox type pinbox replacement will drop the wt and size to r/ring a 2-5/16 ball about 1.5#s from your TV bed plus the air ride isolation will save wear and tear on you, your occupants in TV and your rig. 5th wheel all the way, had a bumper pull never going back JM2CW

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
400W Solar, 5.5k CO.
DucBill is offline   Reply With Quote