View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 10:58 AM   #28
ronheater70

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I have the truck in my signature and I've had 3-4 recalls since I bought it new if I recall (that I had to take it in for). I did have nav added to the Uconnect 8.4 that didn't come with it but that was on me.

My engine has never smoked but it did smell like it was using coolant at one time when new. They did say that the "6.4 did that" but it used next to nothing in coolant and has now stopped. Just took it in yesterday (and got it back in 1 1/2hrs.) to fix a possible faulty tailgate latch. The jump from 1st to 2nd with the 3.73 (mine) is pretty big but nothing the truck can't handle with a reasonable load in tow/haul. My trailer is 10k gvw (about 9200 give or take loaded) and that's all that powertrain wants, or that I want to put on it. Over 10k needs a diesel IMO. At 82k mine does have a bit of rear end whine but I've never owned a truck that I used for pulling that didn't develop some sort of rear noise. At least it's not spitting out u joints or ring and pinions like a couple I've had (not Ram/Dodge).

I'm wondering if what you're experiencing is more of a dealer situation vs a Ram/manufacturer thing - sort of like Rvers? Anyway, I know everyone has different experiences and opinions but a new Ram is very much in my near future and hope you have better luck with whatever you choose.
I Agree completely it's more a dealer thing then Ram in general, But having 3 dealers within 45 minutes from me and not getting any relief and then reading similar stories leads me to believe that when it gets rough Ram just doesnt stand behind their product. I have owned Ford previously and those dealers were fantastic in My area. Sure, experience will differ by region, etc.

Yea, I understand that after some severe use, a rear diff could be prone to make some noise, butnot after 1200 miles.. A rear diff should be 100% silent.. Zero Noise, at least until its well worn! And for Techs to think thats normal, I was flabbergasted.

BUT, Yea I do absolutely Love this truck, it is by far my most favorite vehicle I have ever owned.. I lvoe the manual tranny, the ride, the torque. Very Stable! I just wish I could get it serviced and warrantied by the Ford ealers in my area. I hope to keep this truck for years to come!