Thread: Hose Storage ?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 09:17 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Did the same as Marshall with exception that I do not connect the ends, rather it dry out completely.
It's what YOU feel that's the most sanitary for YOU is what YOU do. As long as you DO NOT store your drinking hose any where near your stinky slinky.
I've sat & watched more than once folks wad up both hoses, all the fittings for both & the shore power cord all in a plastic bag or tote to store or pull out the drinking hose & shove down the sewer hose to rinse it out then connect it to the RV, that's absolutely gross, makes me sick to watch.
I connect the ends to keep spiders from building a nest in it (common in these parts).
Several years ago we were in a CG in western PA. The fiver next to us packed up and we followed them to the dump station. They proceeded to pull out the fw hose from a black plastic garbage bag (the one I saw him put the hose in while packing up) and throw it on the ground to get to the tank dump hose. Both were the obvious dealer "gift" starter pack junk that most folks give or throw away.
This guy dumps his tanks (no gloves), disconnects the stinky slinky, throws that in the bag then picks up the drinking water hose and shoves that in the bag. As if this wasn't enough, he opens a rear bunk door and throws the bag in, untired. Closes the door, gets in the truck and drives away. My DW (who hold's a Masters Deg in Nursing and taught nursing in college) said "Did he just....) I said yes and opened my door before pulling forward because I literally thought I'd lose it. I still wonder if that guy blamed his intestinal discomfort on some bad food later that night.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote