View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 07:55 AM   #12
CamperDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2cpu View Post
I have a 2011 250BH Passport and the floor has continued to expand the soft feel. Started out at the floor vent between the kitchen and the dinette. Was just a little on each side of the vent. Now it extends about 24" to the rear and 36" to the front. Feels mostly like the floor is delaminating. I'm afraid the only fix will be to cut out floor areas to install additional supports then install plywood and new floor covering. Hate to add the weight.
Any ideas?
Tom

My new 2017 Outback 293UBH that has not even made it out yet, seems to have a little give to it which I am ok with since it's a laminated/Styrofoam floor. Sounds like your issue could be a separation of the lamination near the aluminum framing or maybe a poorly welded joint in the bracing. I can't think of a fix for that other than carefully removing the affected material and using liquid nails to adhere back to its original position (with bricks or weights on top to secure until glue dries). Then you will have a seam to deal with... On the other hand, you never know what you will run into once the section is removed. Just throwing that out there...

TV - 2013 Toyota Tundra TSS 4x4 5.7L
TT - 2017 Keystone Outback Ultra Lite 293UBH
CamperDave is offline   Reply With Quote