View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 08:23 AM   #21
gzrglide

Larryi, I pulled a sierra 371REBH with a Andersen Ultimate Hitch using an F-250 CCSB Lariat 4x4 for over 5000 miles since November of 2016. I put the B&W flip over gooseneck ball in the bed of the truck to make it easy to have a clean bed when everything was removed. It worked great. My only issue was the amount of porpoising I got from the F250 being somewhat overloaded. I added air bags, and upgraded the shocks to attempt to address this. Ultimately I went to an F350 Lariat Dually Crew Cab 4x4. I still use the same Andersen Hitch and have had no problems with it or with maneuvering in the short bed f250 or the long bed f350. My method of addressing Jowen's problem was to install the release handle for the pin in the coupler on the drivers side of my 5er where I can see it in the drivers side rearview mirror and can readily see if the handle is pushed in to lock the pin in place or if the handle is pulled out any at all. I did have one time that I got in the truck getting ready to take off and as always checked my mirrors and saw the handle sticking out, so I immediately remedied the problem.

With all that said, I am considering changing to the Reese Goose Box in an attempt to smooth the ride in the 5th wheel and keep from bouncing things around so badly on rough roads. On youtube, Big Truck Big RV has reviewed both the Andersen and also the Goose box if you want to see video's of both, his reviews are usually pretty straight forward and informative.

Hope you enjoy the 5er when you get it.
A wife, A Daughter, A Granddaughter, and two Great Danes that all love to camp.
gzrglide is offline   Reply With Quote