View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 05:29 AM   #15
Freeheel4life

I don't buy new so never have a warranty, but when we bought our last unit our dealer offered a free 30 day warranty and they were GREAT about honoring it. Fixed a whole page of knick knacks I had after our first trip from slide adjustments, to non working outlets. It was also December though so....
On a different note, for people needing warranty work, especially those needing parts, why not contact service manager and get him the info he needs to get approval(I am assuming a well typed email and attached photos would do the trick). Then after approval and parts arrive bring in your trailer. Don't know how RV industry works but at our boat shop we try to NOT to just have people swing in and drop their boat for warranty work unless it's an issue that makes the boat unusable.
Then customer gets to use their toy while all the bureaucracy is handled, and when all tge ducks are in a row (warranty approved from manufacturer and parts in hand) they come back for a scheduled appointment.
Regardless, it seems like lots have this story of dropping off and having their rig sit on the lot for weeks. Seems like there has to be some kind of workaround to this.