View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 08:35 AM   #5
freejgar

Love out Half ton Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post

There are several Cougar Half Ton models that are shorter than 34' and most of them are available with automatic leveling. The entire Cougar Half Ton line are "light weight models" with the queen bed aligned front to back and there are no "bed slides" on any of the Half Ton Cougar line. Additionally, they all have a "laminated floor" and other "light construction techniques" that you may or may not prefer. The link below compares the two smallest Cougar models:

https://www.keystonerv.com/product-f...e/?l=3791,3792
I have a Half ton 283RETWE. It has 3 slides. Two opposing in the front which makes it more than roomy enough for a family of 4, and one slider up front for the closet. We love our rig. Yes, there are some differences like the laminate flooring etc, but I pull this rig with my Ram and and anderson ultimate and love it. The only pay off that I'm not so keen on is the 30amp services, but realistically that has only been a factor a few times when I really wished I had two AC units. Otherwise all things are great with our Half Ton Cougar.

Best of luck making up your decision.

Jim
freejgar is offline   Reply With Quote