View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 07:30 AM   #34
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Along View Post
Just curious... is retirement as good today in the panhandle as it was beginning of December?
Retirement is good EVERY day!! Now, am I going to run out and fire up the grill? Not today . As far as the beginning of Dec. until now.....we got here on Nov. 1 and the weather, until a week or 2 ago, was like spring/fall weather in TX; beautiful. When the fronts started coming in it cooled off significantly but we just spend a little more time in front of the fireplace; bake cookies; made homemade chicken and dumplings last evening; still fun just different from what we do in warm weather. And.....this weekend the temps are supposed to get back up to the mid/upper 60s. Hopefully 70s won't be far behind

Note: I will say that my daughter was telling my wife about going to work yesterday in Tallahassee. When she got to the office everyone was running around wanting to show her videos of "the snow". Having lived in an area that received many feet of snow a year before coming here she was interested in what they had taken videos of; they were running around outside trying to catch a snowflake (singular) so it could be seen between the camera and someone's coat, or dark vehicle etc. She said it was pretty funny. Then again, I read it was the first "snowfall" in Tally in almost 30 years so it may have been a first for some.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote