View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 06:25 PM   #15
sourdough
Site Team

I am late to this thread; I was in FL and had no idea of the thread. I was told about Festus2 by one of the moderators during a conversation about something else some time ago but did not know of the thread.

This is belated but just want to say that Festus2 provided a lot of insight for folks. I did not get to meet him but I did share several PMs with him during his tenure. He was thoughtful and a good moderator. I really appreciate the posts talking about the personal nature of our members. Web stuff, forums, have a lot of rhetoric, and sometimes things that we respond to or appreciate, but never know who that person is. Geo provided insight that I truly appreciate; about a person on this forum that we would otherwise not know anything about.

My thoughts and condolences go out to the family and friends - late (I'm sorry and had no idea this thread existed).

I would also say that one of the things I hate about "forums" is folks that hide behind anonymity and fire things out. It is NICE to know who you are. It's nice to know some of your details. I think that is what makes this forum more special than many - I share lots of stuff; I think if I'm asking/telling you something related to your family/friends/safety, you need to know who I am. Anyway, Festus2 will be missed.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote