View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 11:00 AM   #39
scottz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingAroundRV View Post
Here's my take on the wildly variable prices of RVs FWIW.
I've seen the particular TT that I've been looking at, for sale at prices ranging from $22K to in excess of $36K.
Here's something I've seen mentioned a LOT. A lot of people suggest that you can get between 25-30% off the MSRP of any RV. So my guess is that the dealers that are posting crazy high prices expect customers to bargain. It's a complete win for the dealers that do this. Some people will haggle hard, some people will haggle just a little, and some will not haggle at all. So the dealer still makes a bit of money out of those people who haggle hard, but makes a LOT of money out of the other two types.
So what about the dealers asking already rock bottom prices? I think it's because these dealers can't be bothered haggling and besides, those low looking prices will drive a lot of traffic through the door without the sales people having to lift a finger.
You can prove this by going to one of the dealers that ask rock bottom prices and try to get the usual 25-30% off. I'll bet London to a brick, you'll get short shrift from these dealers. Probably you'll get told, "That's our 'no-haggle' price".
I think you are 100% correct. I chose to walk away from the dealer who quoted me an additional $25k; I didn't even want to talk to them anymore.
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote