View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 10:09 PM   #35
scottz

I bought from a wholesaler; the price was $25k less than what I was quoted at CW. That is a lot more than the $2k some have mentioned. I do most of my own service and unless there are some major issues should be ok. In any case, the unit will be out of warranty in four months. There is no way I would pay $25k more just to have a dealer that might provide service.

I have experienced the "we won't work on it since you didn't buy it here" attitude. The fiberglass shower had a crack in it that was obviously caused during installation at the factory. The local dealer said they would look at it but were not willing to do warranty work; I would have to pay first then see about reimbursement from Keystone. After keeping it for over a month, the dealer said they would not be able to get to it until spring. I picked it up and took it to a fiberglass specialty shop who did a great job. All along, I was talking to Keystone about the problem. After submitting photos of the damage and the repair invoice, I received a check for the entire amount from Keystone; they did not even charge a deductible.
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote