View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 12:46 PM   #25
Banshee365

It's all good. I work in a profession that operates souely 'by the numbers.' It certainly bothers me somewhat that I'm over GVWR. But, I know that practically it's nOt as big of a deal as it seems. The RAWR and tire ratings are another story. Those are hard numbers to me. Even though the F-350 has a 7000# RAWR with the same frame, axle housing, and springs. But I digress. I can get the stock suspension components of free out of the scrap pile from a 4x4 shop and my labor is free so removing the lift is probably more likely to happen than not. It will also make it easier for the wife to drive and get the boy in and out of the car seat. My truck when empty sits a touch high in the front. With the 5er is obviously more noticeable. This will make my headlights shine a bit high which will annoy other drivers. The rear end with the 5er in the bed actually looks rather normal. But, the front has a large amount of wheel well around what looks to be a little tire. This is the main reason I will probably remove the lift. I could stand to drop the nose of the 5er another inch to perfectly level it but the axle loading are very similar. The automatic leveling system says the unit is sitting 0.7 degrees nose high.

I think he ideal setup for this truck is to remove the lift and add air bags. I have a few projects in line first but will probably source the parts first so I have them on hand.
Banshee365 is offline   Reply With Quote