View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 10:47 AM   #24
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee365 View Post
Wow, are you usually that hostile with your opinions? You seem to think you're talking to an idiot here (me). I may have entered my 30's a couple short years ago but I've been wrenching since I can remember, mostly on 4x4 trucks. I've installed dozens of lift kits on IFS and SFA trucks. I've rebuilt my 2.5 ton military truck from the ground up. I'm sorry that the lift the previous owner installed on the truck isn't up to your personal standards. Speaking of that, do you happen to know the rear suspension differences between a 2005 6100# GAWR F-250 and 7000# GAWR F-350? A 4" block on the F-350 versus a 2" block on the F-250. Maybe you should call Ford and tell them the .38 bit. My truck is maxed out on all accounts? You mean, on ONE account right? GVWR. If you actually knew what you're talking about you would know the only drawback to an add-a-leaf is the stiff ride. Regardless, did you read the multiple times where I said I still may take the lift off? Or do you just like being combative? Your .38 'thing' regarding my wife and family is down right disturbing. You have lost all credibility with me with that one.

I apologize if you think I was being hostile. I was somewhat graphic, and occasionally I am, but only to make you think and realize the importance of the cargo you have with you. In hindsight it probably was a little over the top for the situation and I again apologize. Using that type of metaphor, although graphic, is common place with the folks I've grown up with, hunted with and "shot the breeze" with around a campfire lfor 50 years - and no one takes offense. I fail to think that others might find them otherwise.

You said you were open to removing the lift, or could....not that you were actually going to, if I recall - maybe I misinterpreted?. If you remove that I think you then proceed with what you think is right. It sounds like you are thinking of all the facets which many don't. It also sounds like you will be overweight when fully loaded....that will be determined and is your call.

Yes, I understand that the "factory" also uses blocks, but, having seen trucks sitting on a 12" block with what appeared to be 1/4" U bolts swaying too and fro over the axle (extreme example), anything is possible with a "homegrown" lift. I just wanted to make you aware of those issues. I don't/didn't know if you have any expertise working on a vehicle or not. If you do, then you should know what you are looking at when you look at the lift.

I'm not, and wasn't, trying to be combative or insulting but upon re-reading the post, in an objective manner, I can see how it comes across that way. My only goal when on this forum, or any of the others I belong to, is to learn and contribute. In this case I think I contributed, but probably not in the best, or positive sense - for that I'm sorry.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote