View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 08:01 PM   #24
Froglaw

I drove all the way to Deadhorse - No problems.

This is a 2017 26RPRB Premier Bullet purchased in late February 2017 just for this trip and the warranties/road side services as part of the purchase package.

In Deadhorse I developed two flats that were remedied by the spare and a patching of a deflated tire. I bought an additional spare for the trip back.

Stopped at Coldfoot RV with no problems.

Between Coldfoot and Yukon Camp at MM 125 the right side leaf springs (both) broke.

I had to leave the trailer on the Dalton Highway and drive into Fairbanks in my F250.

I immediately contacted Keystone and despite initial enthusiasm and reassurances, Keystone left it up to me to solve the problems when the Customer Service Rep could not find a Towing Company that would go get my trailer.

I found a flatbed and paid $5302 to get the trailer to Alaska RV. Keystone promised they would pay the towing, but has refused to acknowledge my repeated emails and oral requests to assure payment.

As for a pair of replacement springs, Keystone has dragged their feet blaming Alaska RV and Keystone's warranty procedures as an excuse for the delay.

Keystone told Alaska RV that there may not be any replacement leaf springs in stock (31 inch single leaf with double eyelets) and there will be a further delay if Keystone has to go to its supplier for the parts.

Finally, this morning, I got on the internet and found four 30 inch 4 leaf springs that will work to get me back on the road. I purchased them and had them shipped overnight to Alaska RV for another $432.

I've been paying $135 per night to stay in a dog friendly hotel since last Sunday night.

The only way I can seem to reach my Customer Service Rep is through the main phone menu as she has failed to answer my calls to her direct line or return my telephone calls and emails.

Frustration with this non-process and non-assistance is now running high. Mainly because any movement on solving my problem has been initiated by myself or Alaska RV.

Alaska RV is staffed by some tremendous people and are the only reason I have not cleaned out my trailer, shipped everything home, given them the trailer to sell on consignment and driven home via hotels and cabins on the Alcan.

Not a pleasant experience.
Froglaw is offline   Reply With Quote