View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorme View Post
I have been on this forum for a couple of months now. I am constantly seeing the threads of "Can I tow this?" In my opinion, if you have to ask, then yes it is. Towing a trailer is not an easy feat by any stretch, it takes years of practice to get proficient and comfortable with it. Why do the majority of people insist on pushing the limits of their tow vehicles and making it even more dangerous and difficult. I have always bought big trucks, knowing that I am going to have an RV, or even my 36' race trailer. There has never been an question of is that too much. If you bought a truck not knowing that you were gonna get a trailer, then that big of a trailer is too much. Start with something smaller and get used to it. See what you like, and don't like about the RV world.

Deep Breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok Rant off!.
Well stated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdayman View Post
Simple, they already have the TV. And when you go shopping, you want a trailer with X features, like a slide out. All the ones they see have numbers that push the limits. They’re already spending big bucks on the trailer and can’t justify/afford more big bucks on a truck.
While this may be true, I would think most are at least thinking of towing, they need to learn to live within the capabilities of their TV!
I pull a 5th wheel, with a long WB TV, because it is far more stable than a TT, if I did pull a TT I would have the longest WB I could get for stability.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote