Thread: 2018/19
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 05:56 PM   #27
Harleydodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken56 View Post
Sounds like you have it well under control. I can tell you first hand that Hilton Head Harbor is really nice. You will love it.

We have stayed at the park right next to Two Rivers in Nashville and again, you will be happy with your choice. Its not fancy like Hilton Head but its nice.

I live not far from Anchor Down and its on the scale of Hilton Head. VERY NICE with a beautiful view over Douglas Lake and the Smoky Mountains. Its not terribly far from the action in Pigeon Forge but it IS nice and quiet and peaceful.

We have also stayed on the Bolivar Peninsula in the Galveston area. Can't chime in on Jamaica Beach but the area is nice. I can tell you to go to Gaido's Seafood Restaurant for a fantastic dinner while you are there. We loved it.

I hope this added some peace of mind on your choices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I will 2nd the recommendation for Gaidos in Galveston. They make good food. One of my favorites, albeit rather "commercial" I guess, is the Rainforest. We always stay at the San Luis resort and you can watch the volcano erupt and roar from the balcony. Inside the grandkids love the animals (as do I), thunder and rain. Corny? A little I guess. Fun? Absolutely (to me).

At Hilton Head you might stop by Barnacle Bill's to get some fresh fish if you like to cook your own. First place I had ever got fresh wahoo. Figured it would be like the king mackerel, and it was pretty much, but I think it might have been a tad better (and we like kingfish).
Thanks to both of you for the reassurances and recommendations.
We will try Gaidos for sure and look up Barnacle Bills.
Yes, absolutely, hearing positive things about our choices does ease our minds, as we are so new to all of this. Thanks again.

The most interesting thing I have found so far is the many different ways that parks take reservations.
For instance, Myrtle Beach travel park would not guarantee us a particular site, but did let us book a "preferred area", so that we know we will be on on of 8 sites in an area we picked.
At Hilton head we could not choose a site at all, but were told we would be driven around in a golf cart when we arrive and could pick wherever we wanted that was open.
Jamaica Beach let us choose the exact site we wanted.
I didn't realize it would differ so much from place to place.

2013 Raptor 310ts Toy Hauler
2017 Dodge Ram 6.7l CTD DRW Laramie Longhorn
2008 FLHTC Harley.

Harleydodge is offline   Reply With Quote