Thread: 2018/19
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 09:14 AM   #26
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydodge View Post
Update:

We are starting to book places/sites now.

As has been mentioned around the community, we are finding that booking early is definitely recommended whenever possible.

We Decided to opt out of Taledega this year, as we are going to return to Michigan for the August race with friends.

As such, we will officially begin our "retirement inaugural trip" in October (2018) with stays in Myrtle Beach at the Myrtle Beach Travel Park for 2 weeks, which is beachside and quite "commercial" looking.

From there we move to Hilton Head Harbor RV resort and Marina, which will be a little more "upscale" from the looks of it. 2 weeks there as well.

From there we will store the RV and drive back home.
We are as yet undecided as to whether we will stay home until after Christmas or not. In any case, we will once again drive south, picking up the RV and head to FLA
for 2 or 3 months. We are still considering San Carlos RV Park, but now also considering Riverside RV Resort and CG on a recommendation from a friend.
We will visit each place in person next Month, as we will be flying down to see Mom, and will make a decision then.

We have the Month of March (2019) Booked at Jamaica Beach RV Park on Galveston Island.

April 2019 will be split between (likely) a week in Nashville, where we are considering Two Rivers RV Park and the remainder (likely) at Anchor Down RV resort near Dandridge, Tn. (From recommendations and reviews read here in these Forums!)

Then home again to "re-group"

Hope to meet some of you good folks down the road someplace

I will 2nd the recommendation for Gaidos in Galveston. They make good food. One of my favorites, albeit rather "commercial" I guess, is the Rainforest. We always stay at the San Luis resort and you can watch the volcano erupt and roar from the balcony. Inside the grandkids love the animals (as do I), thunder and rain. Corny? A little I guess. Fun? Absolutely (to me).

At Hilton Head you might stop by Barnacle Bill's to get some fresh fish if you like to cook your own. First place I had ever got fresh wahoo. Figured it would be like the king mackerel, and it was pretty much, but I think it might have been a tad better (and we like kingfish).
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote