View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #15
campingcpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsb View Post
We bought the Rand McNally 5510 GPS when we retired in June. We have been on the road since then, 15,000 miles. We have had a few little problems but nothing bad. I am pleased with this unit notified us of speed zones, dirt roads, and low bridges, never put us in any compromizing positions. good luck George
This one has really caught my eye. It has all the same features as a lot of the more higher priced units but at a cheaper price. I also liked that it has the ability to switch between RV use or regular car use. One thing I have seen in reviews on this one is that people have had some trouble updating the maps through the included software. Was just wondering if you have ever had a problem with yours?

Like a lot of you I have always been a map guy and that is how I was taught and still to this day sit down with a road atlas and plan my route weeks before we actually leave. The internet has help with trip routing thanks to sites like Goolge maps, Map Quest, Good Sam's, etc. and a great site called Safe Travel USA.

I appreciate all of your comments and will probably be looking into a GPS in the coming months. I would love to have something before we start our summer travels.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote