Thread: Fuel prices!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 06:20 AM   #37
tribalsimba

Wink Not so fast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
...the one that fluctuates the most is the cost of a barrel of crude oil. ....
I want to take comfort in this fact; but it seems to me the cost of crude oil is far from the rate of inflation; so why is it's market value permitted by OPEC to inflate so unrealistically. It's fuzzier math than Andrew Fastow's management of ENRON.

Given USA is the largest consumer of this resource; it seems we have the opportunity to influence on the end result significantly. Even in the last few weeks it has been reported that the price has finally reached the US consumer's threshold, causing US consumers to reduce consumption; ultimately restulting in the federal government to pay attention. All of a sudden there has been a freeze in the price climb.

Every time we boycot this energy recource, collectively for all retailers, we make a statement that does resonate globally, and impacts the market. They will continue to gouge the barrel price as long as we stand idley by.

For those like me that don't believe the retail price comes down when the barrel price does; here is some 'long-term' historicals that suggest otherwise, over the long haul.
http://www.GasBuddy.com/gb_retail_pr...me=72&units=us