View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 08:46 AM   #32
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post
I noticed they listed Cougar 26RBS, but not 26RBSWE. I know the WE is just for Western Edition, but in another recall letter (for the Capital Grill) it listed both 26RBS and 26RBSWE. Do we know if the Lippert recall include both W and non-W editions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post
Also, I noticed these recalls list serial numbers - but I didn't know my trailer had a serial number (just a VIN). Where is this serial number located (2019 Cougar 26RBSWE)?
As a matter of housekeeping, the recall is for DEXTER axles. LIPPERT is not involved in any way (at this time). This is a "Keystone Recall of Dexter axles"... It is not a "Lippert Recall".... No criticism, just making sure things are kept "in the realm of what they are for clarity to keep future confusion to a minimum"....

As for whether "W" and "non-W" models are included, if you look at the VIN, if the last 8 numbers are not on the list in the recall notification, then apparently those "other models" don't have Dexter axles installed. It "may be" (just a WAG) that the WE models might all have Lippert axles, so none of them would be included. Then again, they may all be included, if they have Dexter axles. The VIN/serial number is the key to making that determination.

Typically, the VIN is the serial number. On most situations, the VIN is a 17 digit number assigned to the vehicle. It denotes the manufacturer, make, year, and other specific details about the vehicle. The last 8 numbers are usually referred to as the "vehicle unique serial number. Of those 8, the first is the year, the second is the plant (assembly line) and the final 6 are the sequential production number of the vehicle. In Keystone's VIN, those 8 numbers indicate the year and the location of the plant/line followed by your "serial number". However, for all "intents and purposes" the VIN is commonly referred to as the "serial number".

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote