View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 04:01 PM   #28
DJ&JA

Hi All,

We just got back from our first outing this year to First Landing State Park just above Virginia Beach. It's a really nice State Park with private dune side sites. Our new pup is a natural beach bum and got wetter than we did.

For the most part, it was far too windy for the awning to be out but when it did go out, oh my, what mildew. This is not my first encounter with the dreaded stuff so I do have a preferred method of fighting it once and for all. Since the stuff is a living organism it puts out roots that penetrate the material. Most bleach and soap treatments are but temporary as they do not kill the roots and that is why it is likely to recur. My solution is Concrobium https://www.concrobium.com. It both kills the roots of the mold or mildew and lays down a barrier to prevent future spores from taking root thus making it a one time application. I have used it on many delicate surfaces without ever doing damage and will use it on my awning tomorrow without worries.

That's just my experience, your's may be different. Good luck with the clean up.
DJ&JA is offline   Reply With Quote