Thread: Route help?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 04:40 AM   #7
Northofu1

The 401 is a train wreck. When I come back from the US I always take 90 to Canadian border at Niagara Falls NY, I live on the East side of the Greater Toronto Area so Kingston ON / Watertown NY is closer, I would rather drive the extra hour each way. The drive along the 401 from Quebec to Detroit is brutal. Ontarian's are not good drivers.
Truckers like to pass up hill on the 2 lane portions of highway, and going through the core of Toronto is something I would never wish on anyone.
Montreal is a nice city though, one of my faves. I take Highway #7, it's a long and winding road, but calm and quaint at points. My daughter goes to university in Ottawa, I take that route to see her.
Toronto is the largest city in Canada, I like it, but I was born here. A few campsites in and around city if you want to spend time here.

The 400 Highway going North from Toronto is okay as long as you are not going up during rush hour (2:30 - 6:30 PM) It is quite scenic going into Northern Ontario as you head to the Trans - Canada Highway # 1

Good luck, have an awesome time, and a safe drive.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote