View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 07:16 PM   #36
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
We tented when i was a kid. When i got married we tented. We have 2 great grandchildren now. We now have a 2013 35 foot keystone TT. It will be our last. Looking back we tented, I built a Camper Van, had a Husky Camper.
Some travel trailers. If i were not handy I think i might have given up on this years ago. Every single unit i owned had issues, even the camper van i built. It ended up too heavy and the brakes warped all the time. There was always something. Being young back then i couldn't afford the cost of some one repairing stuff. I put a one piece roof on my Camper cause it was leaking.
New Fridge. Buying new isn't much better. My 2013 for example, The atwood fridge is crap we hated it, so i put in a new Dometic RM2852. My stove had a small oven RV-1735 which won't even cook a chicken so i put in a atwood RA-2135. My water pump didn't give me enough water and pressure to the shower which is in the front and my pump is in the back. Couldn't shave in the dinky sink so a bigger one went in. Pantry 25" deep...lol, wife is under 5' tall she couldn't get the stuff in the back, that got fixed. It goes on, but that's enough. This is a new trailer not used. Buy used? Been there done that too. Are you fussy like me? Better have money and or be handy. They all have issues. It's almost a crap shoot. If you tow you will have a lot more issues than these park it in a resort Campers....lol. Seen the new windrivers? The ceilings are coming down from the factory right where they join them. $70.000 for those things.
So your trailer is "your last one" due to some of the problems listed? Are you going to just give up the options that the RV gives you? Are you at the age that you just don't want to mess with it any longer and just sit at home? I'm interested because I wonder about "what's next" for us...sort of. I have 2 homes, tons of timeshare (at least 6 mos. in a minimum of a 2 bdrm. luxury condo in VERY nice places), the RV and the means to just "go places". Of all those things, we have become very attached to the RV and what it offers us vs all the other things, so again, I'm just wondering what you perceive your options are to keep going and seeing.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote