View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 07:46 PM   #13
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBO Cookie Monster View Post
The two Jayco products have an empty weight below 8000 lbs. I can not for the life of me figure out how anyone could stuff a ton of stuff in a 24 ft trailer. I am expecting a tongue weight in the neighborhood of 1700 or so pounds. I am going to buy a tongue scale and keep an eye on it.

As far as quality of one unit over another, I feel it is a crap shoot. I was disheartened today to learn of Cougars floor system that only needs to get wet to be useless and fatal. A few sheets of luan wood sandwiched with foam, where Jayco is using 5/8” tongue and groove plywood. I like the features both have, particularly the integrated 2” receiver in the back for my ebikes. But the flooring system will be hard for me to get over. Other things like the china bomb tires where Jayco fits 15 or 16” Goodyear Endurance tires that are U.S. made.

I’m not a fan boy of any brand yet. I have a job where I sit around and watch netflix, and surf the web to learn all about something. The last few months have been all about RVs. I really appreciate these forums where I learn about every brand. I initially was a huge fan of Grand Design, but the gloss is off that apple too.
You're in a very tough spot!!
If the gloss is off the GD line then you'll most likely not be impressed by any Winnebago product, they own GD.
If not impressed with the Cougar line then your list of choices just got VERY VERY short as Thor owns Keystone & Jayco along with just about any other brand you can name & not a nickels worth of difference between them when comparing similar floor plans or price ranges.
The construction process of any & all rv manufacturers is virtually identical & as the narrator of "Dragnet" used to say "only the names were changed".
The majority of folks join a forum to find solutions to problems, to vent about problems or just to complain thinking the manufacturers are listening, so it's very likely that whatever brand forum you're reading will be filled with complaints, for every complaint there's 100's maybe 1000's of folks completely satisfied that will never be on a forum bragging.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote