View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

I can't say whether or not it is a good deal, if you did "OK" or you were sold a "bill of goods". I did a short Google search of the Commodore tires (not Comodore) and found conflicting statements about who makes them. A couple of sites said that they are Goodyear tires while another said that they are made by Michelin.

One site indicated that they are made in China at the Shandong Changfeng Tyre Company in Shandong Province in China.

I'd suggest doing your own research on this tire and see what you come up with. The price of $500 certainly sounds attractive but I would be concerned with the quality of 4, E-rated tires (plus installation, balancing, nitro) for that low a price.

Perhaps a phone call to Big O with some questions about the origin of the tire might be in order. Just because they are made in China doesn't, by itself, mean that they are necessarily "junk" or that you got taken by purchasing tires made in China.

Like the previous poster, I've never come across Commodore tires before so I have neither any experience nor knowledge about them.