View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 11:54 AM   #8
wiredgeorge

Welcome to the forum. The truck, weight scales, tongue weights and numbers numbers numbers is the off season topic of choice! Enjoy your trailer. The fifth wheel has some advantages as does the travel trailer. If you get a 1/2 ton 5th wheel, keep in mind you have to scooch up in the bedroom as you can't stand unless you are under 3' tall. The advantage is that they pull easier and back up easier (well at least for me as I can't drive worth a darn). Keep in mind that NO trailer of any sort is 100 percent perfect in what it offers; there are always trade offs. Best, to my mind is to buy a USED (read cheap) trailer similar to what you consider a dream RV from a floorplan and amenities standpoint and after a few trips out will soon discover that the shape of the toilet, the width/height of the shower, the amount of pantry space and the ease of watching your TV while sitting on the couch all make a huge difference... the things you THOUGHT were important suddenly start to fade and become "nice to have". We have owned many travel trailers, truck campers and 5th wheels and finally figured out what was really important to us. There are trade offs; some of which can be fixed and some can't (I now have a Dometic 320 toilet which cured a lot of my whining vs the old Aqua Magic). Anyway, folks mean well here on this forum so consider what is said but don't get your feeling hurt when we pick apart your tongue weight and WORST... the tires that come on your new rig! Good camping!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote