View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 05:22 AM   #3
FBO Cookie Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Cookie, you will need to stay under 30' for more reasons than camping at state parks. Without going into many details, you bought the truck before the RV, you plan on loading the new RV to the hilt with goodies, you bought a minimum of truck trying to tow a maximum of trailer, I could go on. It would behoove you to post the yellow sticker from the door column of your new beast and then we can all decide how much RV you can safely tow. By the way. welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here, but not all of it will be what you want to hear.
The truck would be fine for a 25’ fifth, I didn’t go into it blind. It has MORE (by a couple hundred pounds) payload than a diesel f250.
Payload is just under 2500lbs, and tow is 11400, hitch 1320lb. I use the truck for a 129 mile commute, and only will be towing 2% of the time. Long story short, it falls within the numbers best I can tell for either trailer.
Tongue dry 1500, loaded 1800?
Hitch, Andersen, 100.
Myself, wife, dog, 500
So, maxed out, but under. Better than the diesel 250 at least.
The Jayco tongue is 1250 dry, so slightly better margins with that.
The travel trailer will likely (with 100 lb ProPride) will likely be under too, the hitch max 1320 will be limiting.

That all said, still not sure fifth or TT
FBO Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote