Thread: Fridge at 50
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 08:24 AM   #40
mikz86ta

I've seen where RV fridge have harder time cooling than a domestic home residential type. We have the latter and no issues. In fact when we evacuated for the hurricane a year and half ago, I put ice in the freezer and drove a 7.5hr trip which took more like 12/13. Ice in freezer was still 95% ice when we arrived. And I don't run the generator while we were driving.

I seen a video on YouTube in which a guy had a RV fridge issue similar to yours. The one he had, was the larger type with two removable vents on the side of the RV where the fridge resides. There was a airflow issue that was basically a factory defect. Remove those side covers and inspect. There should be maybe a fan back there and those vents need to allow airflow. Maybe someone else can be more detail on this.

Our front AC will freeze up if it's hot and humid outside (South Florida) and we are in and out of the RV alot. The rear AC which is in the garage never freezes up...no matter big we leave the garage/living mid-door open or not. Kinda odd
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote