Thread: Brand vs. Brand
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 08:11 AM   #34
Ken / Claudia

This week I had a article pop up on google about poor RV build quality. I did not save it or remember who authored the story. For fun I read it with an open mind. They talked about recent years the high numbers being built. A school opened to teach workers how to build and service RVs and thought that may help in the future. Interviewed a bunch of R/V owners who just purchased motorhomes to pull trailers. No one was happy with the construction and problems the units had. All different makes included. Author made a comment about how it is not like buying a car at all and new RV buyers have no idea about how common issues are. Also mentioned the long time frames at dealers to get work done. I wondered how much the author had pulled from this site since the old timers have been saying almost everything he wrote. Bottom line was the RV industry as a whole has issues just as stated in this post and sorry to say Keystone is no better or worse than everyone else.
My opinion is do a better PDI, fix stuff yourself or learn how to. Hope the unit you got is free of any major defects. To keep any value or life in any RV they require maintenance and a lot of maintenance. Either by the owner or a shop. In the end of a 10 year loan most RVs are about ready for the salvage yard.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote