View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 09:36 PM   #25
Snoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoking View Post
I have been thinking about switching our two Pixel phones to Consumer Cellular requesting AT&T sim. I think you have a choice between T-Mobile or AT&T.

T-Mobile worked well two or three years ago when be got a hotspot with them. Lately it has gotten really slow and we blow thru 20G a month, so I had to get a second sim/account.

Last fall be switched our Pixels phones to T-Mobile and service is not good. Would like your input on Consumer Cellular service.

For a hotspot I ordered a MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-SIM4_COMBO router/hotspot, which I am going to try on T-Mobile and then move it to OTR Mobile which is $60 / mo for unlimited service on AT&T network.

If that all works out well I will dump Mediacom cable internet in Arizona this winter for our park model. And run LTE Cellular internet all the time. If the MoFi internet/OTR/AT&T works out well then the phones will not need much on a data plan. 10G would be much more than we use, but I will start at that.

I just have to unlock our credit files for Consumer Cellular sign up, OTR does not require a credit check and is no contract month to month service.

So many ways to skin the cat. I use the Nanostation WiFi stuff noted earlier in the thread. His video helped in setting it up. As a retired network engineer, I would say it is not for everyone.

Chris
I got the MoFi up and running today on OTR Mobile today. It is working much better than the T-M hotspot and the MoFi on T-Mobile. We just finished watching a Netflex movie.